This is one of my go to recipes, simply because it takes five minutes to prepare, tastes delicious and is packed full of goodness. It’s a great way to pack a heap of greens into your diet. I like to keep all the ingredients organic to amplify the cleansing properties of this soup.
There are many ingredients that can be sprinkled on top, but I like to add some turmeric and cayenne. The turmeric is a natural blood cleanser, highly antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and the cayenne is a circulatory stimulant, which can help speed up metabolic processes. Adding pine nuts or savoury yeast flakes will add to the protein content, and a sprinkling of dried onion flakes helps enrich the delicious flavour. Get creative and add flavours you love!
Green Veggie Detox Soup
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 4 sticks of celery
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 750ml of filtered water
- 2 organic vegetable stock cubes (gluten, yeast & sugar, salt free)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Place the peas, celery & water into a high speed blender and blend until combined,
- Add the broccoli and blend again till combined,
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and add the 2 stock cubes, (you may like to add one and test the flavour before adding the second – some stock cubes can taste quite salty),
- Heat on a medium heat, stirring continually to ensure the stock cubes break down,
- Add the himalayan salt, taste before adding as you may not need any,
- Once heated, serve in two bowls and sprinkle your choice of toppings on top,