This month we’re focussing on healthy recipes and bringing you some delicious sweet treats, snacks & nutritious main meals. If you would like these delivered straight to your inbox sign up to our monthly newsletter today.
This recipe is super easy to make. It can be enjoyed as a healthy snack or eaten for breakfast. It’s gluten, dairy & refined sugar free.
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- 2.5 cups of hazelnut meal *
- 4 ripe bananas (3 for the bread and 1 for the top)
- 3 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of organic vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (to line the baking paper)
* you can also use almond meal or a combination of the two but I find the hazelnut meal provides a delicious nutty flavour to the bread.
- Heat the oven to 170c,
- Line a small loaf baking dish with baking paper that is covered in a layer of coconut oil,
- To a large bowl add the hazelnut meal, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla essence and baking powder and mix this until well combined,
- Mash 3 of the ripe bananas into the mixture and mix in till well combined,
- Add the mixture to the baking dish and smooth out the top,
- Cut the final banana in half and place it on top of the cake,
- Bake in the over for 35 – 40 minutes (mine usually takes the full 40 minutes),
- If you like the cake nice and squidgy enjoy straight away or allow to cool for a bread like consistency,
If you enjoy our recipes, please tell your friends about our website :-). We love getting feedback at NHF, please let us know what you think of this recipe.