I love eating pancakes on the weekend, when I have a little more time to enjoy them. This Banana Pancake Stack uses a blend of quinoa and buckwheat which keeps the pancakes gluten free and increases the protein content. Adding the banana keeps the pancakes sweet without having to add extra sugar. These pancakes are not only super nutritious but they are delicious too!
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice malt syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- About 200ml filtered water
- Mix all the dry ingredients together until combined then add the coconut oil, brown rice malt syrup and lemon juice & mix until evenly combined,
- Add the filtered water bit by bit, until you get the right pancake consistency you desire,
- Each pancake uses 2 tbsp of the mixture & I use round egg poaching mold to get the shape,
- Stack the pancake layers with thinly sliced banana & sprinkle with berries & a drizzle of rice malt.