These bite size Christmas Puds are great for a Christmas party or even a festive gift. The orange, lemon zest and ginger give them a real zing and the dried cranberries make them all the more festive. You have the option make them superfood balls by adding some Acai berry powder.
Lemon and orange peels contain more vitamins, minerals and health properties than their juice! Opt for unwaxed fruits, organic if possible and give them a good wash before zesting. This recipe is raw, gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan and delicious!
Mini Zesty Cranberry Xmas Puds
Ingredients – makes 12 puds
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2.5 cups of almonds meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp acai berries (optional)
- Desiccated coconut
- Add all the ingredients except the almond meal to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the bowl and stir in the almond meal.
- Take out a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and repeat for the remaining eleven puds.
- Place the desiccated coconut onto a plate and roll the top of the puds in coconut to get the ‘snow’ topping.
- Leave in the fridge for at least an hour to harden before serving.
- To serve add a holly leaf to each pud to make them look festive. Enjoy!