MINI CARROT CUPCAKES WITH VANILLA CASHEW ICING
Ingredients – makes 18 mini cupcakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 organic free range eggs
- ¼ cup macadamia oil
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup brown rice malt syrup
- 2 large or 3 medium carrots grated
- ½ cup organic sultanas
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Add the banana, macadamia oil and eggs to a blender and blend quickly to a smooth paste.
- Add the almond meal to a bowl with the baking powder and cinnamon and mix until evenly combined.
- Pour the paste from the blender on top and stir the mixture in evenly.
- Add the brown rice malt syrup, sultanas and coconut and mix in again.
- Grate the carrot into the mixture and stir through evenly.
- Line a mini muffin tray with 18 mini muffin liners and place the mixture into these.
- These cakes contain a lot of grated carrot so you will need to even out the top of the cupcakes with the back of a spoon to ensure no grated carrot is sticking out (which would burn in the oven).
- Bake at 170C for approximately 20-25 minutes (check after 15 minutes, mine usually take around 20 minutes or more). You can test the cakes with a fork to check it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool. The cakes will harden as they cool.
VANILLA CASHEW ICING
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked for 4 hours
- 5 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until the mixture is smooth,
- Remove the mixture from the blender into a bowl and place in the fridge for an hour to harden,
- Remove from the fridge, give the mixture a stir and then place into a piping bag to swirl onto the cupcakes.
- Enjoy straight away or place the cupcakes in the fridge to enjoy later!