These Lime & Coconut Raw Bites are always a big hit. I’ve shared them at events and in clinic and they are enjoyed by everyone especially children. As a bonus they are super easy to throw together and make a really nice light, nutritious snack.
- 1.5 cups raw cashew nuts
- Zest & juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place the cashew nuts, lime zest, lime juice and vanilla essence into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and add the other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Place a layer of desiccated coconut onto a plate.
- Take a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball with clean hands. Then roll the ball into the desiccated coconut to cover.
- Place the bites into the fridge to firm a little, then enjoy!