VGN, GF, DF, PALEO, RAW
Brazil Nut, Ginger & Cinnamon Snack Bars
- 250g Brazil Nuts
- 12 Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Blend the Brazil nuts in a high speed blender for around 10 seconds. Be careful not to over blend as you don’t want a paste. I still like the nuts to have little chunks. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop the medjool dates fairly small and then blend in a blender until they reach a paste. Medjool dates are softer and easier to blend than others so it is best to choose these. If the dates are harder you may have to soak them in boiled water for a few seconds, drain and then make into a paste. Add the date paste to the nuts.
- Add in the cinnamon, ginger and coconut oil and then with clean hands blend the mixture together until it is evenly combined.
- Line a small square baking tray or dish with baking paper and add the mixture. Flatten the mixture into the baking tray and use the back of a wooden spatula to ensure the mixture is completely flat.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set.
- Cut the bars into whatever sizes and shapes you desire. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.