Warning – this smoothie is delicious! The way our skin looks is a reflection of our inner health and this smoothie provides the boost of essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants & phytochemicals the body needs for optimal skin health. It will add a healthy glow to the skin and provide an energy boost as well.
- The avocado provides a lovely creamy flavour and boosts the vitamin E and essential fatty acid content.
- Leafy greens add a boost of vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals and are some of the most nutrient dense foods we can eat. Spinach tends to break down better than other veggies in smoothies and add to the protein content as well… bonus!
- Bananas & Celery are high in alkaline minerals like potassium making them fantastic for cleansing.
- All the ingredients boost digestion helping the body absorb important nutrients.
- The lime provides a boost of Vitamin C, important for collagen production.
- Parsley is a natural blood cleanser & tonic.
- Cucumber is a natural kidney cleanser.
6 ice cubes
1 cup filtered water
1 large handful of spinach
Juice of 1 lime
4 sticks of celery
1/2 large or 1 small cucumber
A handful of chopped parsley
2 tsp spirulina or chlorella (the pictured smoothie has spirulina added)
2 tbsp hemp seeds (to add protein and essential fatty acids)
Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender. It’s best to add the ingredients bit by bit with some liquid to avoid the blender getting stuck. The ice cubes will prevent the blender from overheating and damaging enzymes and nutrients.