Leafy greens add a boost of vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals to a smoothie and are some of the most nutrient dense foods we can eat. Kale and spinach break down better than any other veggies in smoothies and add to the protein content as well….bonus!
Note: kale and spinach contain goitrogens, which can suppress thyroid function. If you have thyroid issues avoid eating these raw and lightly steam them instead.
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 or 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon acai (optional)
- 500mls of coconut or filtered water
Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender for 20 seconds and enjoy straight away!