We’re enjoying some beautiful weather in Sydney at the moment and this delicious salad is super easy to throw together for a nutritionally balanced picnic lunch or an alfresco dinner. It also makes a super healthy and filling packed lunch to take to work. I love to make it on a Sunday so that there are leftovers for lunch on Monday. It’s high in plant based protein, healthy fats, whole grains, vitamins and minerals and is packed full of different flavours. It can be made with or without the rice depending on whether you are serving it as a main meal or side salad.
Ingredients – serves four
- 2/3 cup organic brown rice cooked and cooled (makes 2 cups cooked brown rice)
- 1 can of organic cannellini beans
- 2 cups of green beans, lightly steamed and cooled
- 2 cups of organic peas, lightly steamed and cooled
- 125g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tin of artichokes, drained, washed and sliced
- 1 cup of organic raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup organic sultanas or raisons
- 1 cup of fresh mint chopped
- Dress with olive oil and apple cider vinegar to taste
When all the ingredients are prepared and cool, place them in a large serving bowl and mix until evenly combined. Dress with olive oil and apple cider vinegar to taste. Serve straight away and save any leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for lunch the next day.